Last updated May 10, 2023
What information do we collect?
We think your privacy is extremely important but we do collect some information from you when you do certain things on our site, like register on our site, place an order, or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. This is normal. You may, however, visit our site anonymously if you choose.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us be more personal when we engage with you. That way we can better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We’re always trying to make things better around here, and your information and feedback really help us to do this.
- To improve customer service. We want to be able to call you by your name like friendly people do. Your information helps us to get to know you a little better so we can more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. Makes sense, right?
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
No, we didn’t hire “the Napster” to protect your information, but we do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. You’re welcome.
We use a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We’re PCS compliant, too.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
We know online privacy is important to you, so in order to respect that, we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data.
You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies:
- We adhere to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI-approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Our Trusted Third-Party Partners: The Types of Services They Provide
We understand your curiosity about the third-party partners we collaborate with to ensure our website runs smoothly, our business operations are efficient, and you receive top-notch service. In the spirit of transparency, we’d like to give you an overview of the types of services our trusted partners provide. Rest assured, they are just as committed to privacy as we are and have pledged to keep your information confidential and use it solely for the purposes we’ve agreed upon.
Here are the types of services our third-party partners provide:
- Payment Processing: Secure and efficient handling of transactions, ensuring your credit card information is well-protected.
- Email Marketing: Assistance with sending out periodic emails, newsletters, and updates to keep you informed about our services.
- Web Analytics: Analyzing website performance and user behavior to help us make data-driven improvements and provide a better browsing experience.
- Customer Support: Assisting with customer service inquiries, technical issues, and other support requests to ensure a positive user experience.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN): Enhancing website performance and loading speed by serving content from servers located closer to the user, improving overall user experience.
- Data Storage and Cloud Services: Securely storing and managing user data, backups, and other essential information in the cloud to ensure data availability and reliability.
- Social Media Integration: Enabling social sharing features and integrating social media platforms to facilitate user engagement and interaction with our services.
- Advertising and Marketing: Assisting with the creation, delivery, and analysis of targeted advertisements and marketing campaigns to reach potential customers and grow our audience.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: Analyzing and monitoring user behavior and transactions to detect and prevent fraudulent activities, maintaining the security and integrity of the platform.
- Survey and Feedback Tools: Collecting user feedback and conducting surveys to better understand user preferences, improve user experience, and enhance our services.
- Event Management and Registration: Facilitating event registration, ticketing, and scheduling for events, webinars, or workshops related to our services.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Analyzing and optimizing our website content, structure, and performance to improve visibility and ranking on search engine results pages, driving organic traffic to our site.
Please note that our third-party collaborations may change over time, so feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the specific partners we’re working with or how they handle your data. Transparency is our priority, and we’re here to address any concerns you may have.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Compliance
We like to keep things fun and playful, but when it comes to protecting the little ones, we’re all business. We’ve made sure to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which means we don’t knowingly collect any personal information from the kiddos under 13. We’re as serious as a hall monitor about this!
To help us stay on the straight and narrow, we’ve put some safeguards in place to prevent the collection of data from our younger visitors. If we somehow discover that we’ve collected personal information from a child under 13, we’ll hit the “delete” button faster than a game of whack-a-mole.
So, rest assured, we’re doing our part to protect the privacy of our younger users while keeping things fun and enjoyable for everyone else!
Know Your Rights: It’s Your Data, After All!
We believe in giving you the power to control your personal data, like a superhero with a privacy shield! Here’s a rundown of some of the rights you have when it comes to your information:
- Access, schmaccess: Want to know what personal data of yours we’re holding onto? Just ask! We’ll happily provide you with a copy of your information, like a waiter serving up a delicious data dish.
- Rectify the situation: If you find out that the information we have about you is as outdated as a flip phone, let us know! We’ll update your records faster than you can say “correctamundo.”
- Erase and rewind: If you want us to remove your data from our systems, we’ll do so like a skilled data magician making your information disappear (poof!). Just remember, though, that we might need to keep some info for legal or operational reasons.
Ready to flex your data rights muscles? Reach out to us at email@example.com, and we’ll help you exercise your rights with gusto! Remember, with great data comes great responsibility, and we’re here to help you navigate the wild world of personal information.
Data Retention and Deletion: Handling Your Information Responsibly
We understand the importance of handling your data responsibly and retaining it only for as long as necessary. We store your information for the duration needed to fulfill the purpose it was collected for, comply with legal requirements, or maintain essential operational processes.
But hey, if you decide you’d like us to delete your personal data, we’re here to support that decision. Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’d like us to delete your information. We’ll bid it a fond farewell and remove it from our system with the grace and poise of a ballroom dancer.
Keep in mind, though, there might be some cases where we need to keep a little bit of your data for legal or operational reasons. But rest assured, we’ll always be mindful of your privacy and treat your data with the utmost respect, even when it’s time to say goodbye.
242 Broadway St. Suite13 Chico, CA 95928