This webinar is being offered by RestaurantOWNER.com – not by us – but it’s sure to be packed full of useful information. Please join if you can!
Webinar: April 2nd, 2020
In a recent COVID-19 survey of RestaurantOwner.com members, more than 88% of respondents answered I don’t know- to the question: Do you have government or community assistance available to your restaurant?-
If you are like a lot of independent operators, you might feel you are drinking from a proverbial fire hose in keeping up with information on COVID-19 government relief, including a new Paycheck Protection loan, SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), and loan forgiveness.
In the midst of this crisis, where operators are fighting for every penny of cash flow, they could be critical to survival. You need to understand how they work and what they offer.
In this webinar, SBA loan expert Christina Moore, an attorney with the law firm Taylor English, will walk us through the laws creating these emergency funds in plain language and how they work to help us decide if they are right for our businesses and how to apply for them.
Here are a few of the key topics we’ll discuss:
- An overview and breakdown of the Small Business Administration loan products created by Section 1102 of the CARES Act, including the Paycheck Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
- An explanation of what businesses are eligible for these SBA loans, and,
- how the SBA intends to guarantee them, the maximum loan amount.
- their rate of interest.
- to what expenses they can and cannot be applied.
- the circumstances under which they will be forgiven.
- An explanation of the EIDL $10,000 emergency cash grant, its terms, and how to apply for it.
- An overview of the Sick Leave and Family Leave Tax Credits granted under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and how to take advantage of them.
- A general overview of other federal tax law changes to support businesses during this crisis.
Did you know?
We've been managing social media accounts for restaurants since 2012. For almost a decade, we've partnered with restauranteurs who are serious about using social media to generate business. Whether you're a good fit for our service or not, let's schedule a call and we'll give you free personalized advice on how to improve your social media presence. Either way, you'll walk away from the call more confident about your ability to promote yourself online - completely for free.